Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

 Robert Moses Beach, Long Island, New York  (photo taken by A. Singh)

Above:  One of my favorite views from Robert Moses State Park, destroyed by Superstorm Sandy on Long Island.

Hey there, everyone...

It's been a long time since my last post, but I thought that I owe a few words to my beloved city and home...

Hurricane Sandy really wreaked havoc in NY, NJ, CT and its surrounding areas.  The Jersey Shore, several beaches, and hundreds of homes have been demolished.  When I look at the reports, like many, I just can't believe what I'm seeing and the number of devastating stories that I'm hearing.  

Here's a wonderful article from The Huffington Post that offers ways we can help the victims of Superstorm Sandy, which includes information about the American Red Cross (scroll down to "How to Help,")  The New York Blood Center, and other agencies that are offering assistance during this time.

We have proven our resilience in the past and I'm really optimistic that we will be able to bounce back.  The very least we can do is to keep the people that have been affected by this tragedy in our thoughts, hoping they'll receive the help that they need very, very soon...

xoxo andrea